70-D Transcription Turntable

Radio Station WISL: Broadcast News September 1949

  • July 30, 2014
Radio Station WISL: Broadcast News September 1949

When WISL Radio signed on the air for the first time in January of 1948 it was truly a "state of the art facility." The second floor of the Lark Building, a former bank, on Sunbury Street, was completely remodeled into a modern radio studio complete with a main control studio, news booth and a performance studio, in addition to administrative office. The walls were covered with acoustical tiles and the floor was finished with cork. This clean, new space was certainly a sight to behold. Throughout the 1940's and 1950's RCA published a magazine entitled "Broadcast News," highlighting the accomplishments...

Read more